If you have never heard of The Grocery Game then you are missing out....big time. Read this post and then race over to http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ and sign yourself up for a $1 trial.
This morning I dropped Corben off for Cub Scout Day camp. I was on a mission though. I had some AWESOME coupons burning a hole in my pocket. I skated over to the grocery store and grabbed a basket. My coupons were for a free package of Kraft Singles(cheese) when you buy 3 Kraft products. The coupon amazingly listed Koolaid as one of the participating products. Surely that had to be a typo. I couldn't imagine that it would be possible to get some pricey free cheese in exchage for purchasing some ten cent Koolaid. I don't usually play along with things that are 'too good to be true', but my friends on the grocery game message board assured me that it really was a real deal.
I cruised to the rear of the store and parked 5 packages of cheese in my basket.....because I had 5 coupons. Then I made my way to the drink isle to grab my Koolaid. Wouldn't you know it....Koolaid was on sale for 10 for $1.00....even bettah! I needed 3 packages for each of my 5 coupons so I picked out 15 packages.
I strolled to the checkout counter, and the friendly cashier gave me a wink and mentioned that I must have me some of those great coupons! You betcha. This was going to be a breeze. She rang everything up and my grand total was $1.50 for $22.95 worth of products! We chatted a bit about tupperware and Koolaid popsicles in the summer. She rolled up my receipts and the bonus coupons the register prints everytime and stuffed them in my bag and wished me a good day. No mam, YOU have a good day....my day can't get much better than almost free cheese!
I strolled out of the store feeling mighty proud of myself for working the system so well. I hopped in the van with a big smile on my face and pulled out on the road. I came to a stoplight and while I was waiting for it to turn green I decided to dig in my bag to see if the register had printed me anything newsworthy. It was then that my jaw fell in my lap and my eyes bugged out. There before my eyes was a coveted $3.00 off you next order coupon.....courtesy of Kraft for "purchasing" their cheese. I let out a hoot right there in my car. If you were in your car beside me this morning and witnessed that display of unsportmen's like conduct I appologize.
That's right ladies and gentlemen....the store PAID me $1.50 to take $22.95 worth of cheese and Koolaid from their store. That is why I love the Grocery Game. That is why my family is eating like kings(steaks...not processed cheese usually) despite the tough times we are facing. That is why I have a year's supply of deoderant, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper and mustard that I paid nothing for......which allows me to splurge on organic produce and steaks!
My shopping trips aren't always like that, but when they are it is sweet. There are few things in this world like a warm and toasty grilled cheese sandwich the store paid you to eat.....washed down with the strawberry Koolaid they paid you to drink. It is like manna from heaven. Sweet!
Do it now....go find out what the grocery game is all about.
1 comment:
I could just see you, hey I need you good luck, send it my way.
Post a Comment