Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Disaster Avoided

OK, since my phone keeps ringing and the emails keep coming I decided it was time for yet another an update.

For starters, everyone is worried that I might be trying to do too much. I would like to present my prolific blog posts this month as proof that my butt has taken root in my couch. I have 'reached the end of the Internet' so to speak. No worries about me doing to much....everyone can relax.

Well, it turns out that the body aches I was having were not related to the abscess. I had a nasty reaction to the antibiotic I was on....lots of bad body aches and finally a fever. The doc thought it might be an infection in the PICC line, so we took lots of blood yesterday for cultures to rule that out. I had one very stressful night last night. I was so worried that it might be an infection and that we would be taking the PICC out. I was ready to have an anxiety attack thinking about having to give myself injections or dealing with having another PICC put in in the other arm. I could have kissed the doc this morning when he said everything was fine. I was seriously going to get some Valium if it wasn't.

I'm all set up now with a new antibiotic. I have had one dose so far with no ill effects. Let's hope that holds out. The doc added an extra week of antibiotics too....3 weeks left to go. I can hang.

(Oh, the nurse took the stitches out of the PICC and put on a cool clip that holds everything in place and sticks to my skin. It feels SOOOO much better...not quite as creepy looking anymore)

Ah-ah-ah-ah staying alive-staying alive.....

1 comment:

pam said...

Boy girl you have been through too much I want to cry for you. Glad your doing okay.