Lauren was the first one to start her day. School starts an hour earlier for her. It was still dark when she got on the bus. She is at a campus just for 6th graders. Her school counselor gave her a placement test when we registered, and she did very well. She is in some pre-ap classes to give her a little bit of a challenge. She is a good sweet girl and I am looking forward to her making some new friends and having some big accomplishments. When she got home she just couldn't quit talking! She was so excited about her day. Things went smoothly for her and she was happy to report that she had no trouble getting her locker to open!
Corben, Logen, and Hayden are all at the elementary school together. They were so excited! They were disappointed that their bus was late...they were ready to get their day rolling!
I think that their first day went really well. I had a great day as well. I missed them. My house was soooo quiet with just the baby here. I got so much accomplished without so many people underfoot. The house feels so clean and organized. It was exciting to have them tell me all about their day when they got home, but it made me sad to know I missed out on so much. One of the things I liked best about homeschooling was being there for all of their accomplishments. I will definitely miss that....
No comments:
Post a Comment