Friday, August 28, 2009

A Week of Sucess!

The kids just finished up their first week of public school. They have all made the transition quite smoothly. I have really enjoyed having some time to myself. I can't remember the last time my house was this clean an organized. I love them and miss them, but it has been really good for me to have some quiet time for myself. I don't know how I ever did it before.

Lauren is blossoming right before my eyes! She has made a few friends already. Despite her reservations about school she has come home each day with a big grin on her face. She has had her first math and spelling test at school and she did great. She is normally pretty quiet at home unless she is arguing with someone....but this week she has come home and talked my ear off about everything that went on during her day. It's fun that she wants to tell me all about it.

All of the kids are disappointed it is the weekend....they are ready for Monday already! Corben, Hayden, and Logen already have new friends in their classes. Corben is moving right along. Hayden (surprisingly) feels like she is "the good kid" in her class. Figures....that kid gives me a hard time at home but goes to school and is the teacher's pet! I guess I'll get the whole scoop at parent-teacher conferences.

Logen was great all week, but had a note sent home that he was talking too much today and not listening to directions. I cut him off all video games tonight, and he was not too happy about that. I doubt he will have any more trouble....he's just feeling out his boundaries. I don't think that he has much love for his teacher....which makes me happy that I'm still the #1 woman in his life. LOL


So far so good!

1 comment:

pam said...

glad your kids all had a great time and it work out fine.