One of my most favorite memories from each of my babies is the opportunity I had to share my nights with them. In the beginning Steven did not want to have our babies in bed with us. I remember those first few nights when we brought Lauren home from the hospital. It felt so wrong to me to lay her down even in the cradle that was so close it was touching our bed. I needed to be touching her in order for me to relax enough to sleep. It was obvious by her frequent waking yet sleeping once she was held that she needed me too. Babies spend 9 long months cuddled inside us. It is only obvious that they were designed to be kept close even at night. It didn't take long before Steven could see it too, and she was sleeping half the night snuggled up on his chest.
I love this part of parenting. I love having my babies drift off to sleep in my arms. I love being so close to them that I hear them giggle in their sleep and wonder what they are dreaming about. I love that I get to cuddle them without them fighting back. It is my time to recharge and reconnect with a busy toddler that doesn't want to slow down during the day. I love that my babies are content and secure knowing that someone who loves them is close by.
This time passes quickly. Each of my babies has moved on and out of our bed. They have outgrown the need to be kept close. They are secure and sleep well at night. I love having Hudson with us now. He is extra cuddly. I know I will eventually miss the time when I have a sweet smelling downy little noggin to kiss goodnight to.




No comments:
Post a Comment