I'm not quite sure what I did to offend the universe. The start of this year has lead to nothing but trouble for us. I can hardly imagine what else might be in store for us if things continue at the rate they are going.
It all got started in late January......well, actually it started in November when Hayden's tonsillectomy was canceled because her blood work was "abnormal". It figures! If any of the kids ever had anything abnormal it would be her. She prides herself on being weird. It took many phone calls to get her in to Texas Children's hospital for testing. Her blood wasn't clotting normally, and we needed to see a pediatric hematologist. By the time she got in to see the doctor her blood work came back only 1/10 of a point outside of normal(it was 25 and 30 points out of normal when it was tested the 2 times before). It didn't concern the doctor and the doctor told us what to look out for. We were hopeful that we had dodged a bullet at that point. Until......
In late January a horrible flu swept through our house. It left us all sick for several weeks. I think Hayden is the only one who didn't get it. Weird....I know.
Hayden wasn't to be spared from the suffering though. A few weeks after we recovered from the flu she stepped on a nail out in the backyard. She was not vaccinated for tetanus, so off we went to the doctor. The doctor sent us off to the ER because Hayden needed a tetanus immunogoblin shot that the doctor didn't carry in her office. Six hours and $500 later she was loaded up with antibiotics and a shot.
Now the hole in Hayden's foot is almost healed, and she was bitten by a stray cat that she was trying to pet. By the next morning her hand was red and swollen from her knuckles to her wrist. I got on the phone and got her an appointment with the doctor. While we were waiting in the waiting room the nurse recognised us and came over to chat. (you know it's bad when you are on a first name basis with the doctor's nurse) We ended up with a prescription for some antibiotics, and her hand is looking much better already.
It hasn't been a week since the cat incident, and in the last 72 hours all seven of us have been bowled over by a horrible intestinal virus. All I can say is that I am grateful we have 3 bathrooms and lots of trashcans.
UNCLE!!
I quit. I hope that we have paid our dues for a nice long time.....I hope. It can't get worse can it?
LOL
2 comments:
Just think some day you will look back and just laugh...Sorry you have to laugh at it. Hope your all feeling better, hang in there.
Hey I hope your feeling better...... I tagged you so check out my blog.
Post a Comment