Ok, that's the living room/ dining room as it was before our recent makeover. We had replaced the carpet once since we moved in. I tried my best to make it cozy and comfortable. I loved the paint color I had on the walls, but it just made it feel too cramped. We had a lot of furniture too, so I tried to minimize the furniture and
knick-knacks and make more room for people instead of things.

This is the room after the makeover. You can see that I knocked out that little half-wall/counter type thing. It really made the dining room small....and all it did was collect dust. I kept the couches and got some great slip-covers for them. I have plans to refinish the table very soon so that it matches. I really want a new bigger dining table, but it can wait. We can all still fit around the one we have....barely.

This is another view from the other side of the room. You can see that the paint on the table is green. It really doesn't match, so I will be repainting it black and refinishing the wood on the table. I plan to get some comfy bean bag chairs for the kids. They love to lay on the rug and watch their cartoons. Since I redid things we have spent so much more time just hanging out together. That room is so much more comfortable now.

This is a picture of our study which is right around the corner. We use it for our homeschooling room. I have reworked this room once already. It used to be a formal dining room. Behind that bookcase there used to be a door that we
sheetrocked over. I love the bookshelves. It is so nice to have a place to put all of the kids puzzles and games and books. We spend a lot of time in this room.
Anyway, that's it. I am tired and we are enjoying the fruits of our labors now. It's time to go to the pool!
1 comment:
Looks wonderful!!!
Post a Comment