I have been offline for a little while. Our home has been in complete upheaval because of a renovation project we have been working on. My mind has swirled around all school year just waiting for a break from the schooling to rework these 4 walls we call a home.
We bought a modest home that was well within our means so that we would be able to renovate it and make it completely ours. The previous owner was a decorator's worst nightmare. She apparently believed that she was a master sponge-painter. We had a bathroom that was so horrible I had to keep the door closed and refused to let anyone use it....the sight of it would make my head spin.
Well, the downstairs of our home consists of a study, living room, kitchen, laundry, and a 1/2 bath. Now, the previous owner was not only a master-sponge painter but also an expert at coordinating her flooring choices. The downstairs is only about 800 square feet.....but it was covered with 6 different kinds of flooring! There was hardwood in the study, carpet in the living room, and each of the other rooms had a different size and color of vinyl tile. For the longest time I have had a dream to pull all of those areas together with one cohesive look.....flooring and paint colors all the same to make the house feel bigger. And now, it is done....for the most part.
I have spent the last 2 weeks refinishing the walls, painting and tearing out that awesome flooring. We laid down some beautiful laminate flooring.(low maintenance was a big priority with all of these kids!) Our paint has coordinated wonderfully. We put up some nice new wood blinds and did a little redecorating. I LOVE my house now. It feels so open and spacious....as open and spacious as 800sq ft can feel anyway.
My feng has been shuied....google that if you don't know what it is....=)
Before and after pictures will follow soon when I find the time and the energy.
1 comment:
Oh come on you don't need any sleep, wheres the pictures (joking!!!!). Can't wait to see what you did, come work on my place I have a kitchen floor that is calling your name.
Post a Comment