My knee that is....
I want to totally cry. This morning I started my run....Seriously, I was only about 3 feet from my driveway. I stepped on a stick, and my ankle rolled and I went down on my knees. To add insult to injury my neighbor was RIGHT there and saw the whole thing. I stayed on the ground for second thinking about how to get back on my feet. My neighbor came over to see if I was ok. I thought I was fine and figured I would just walk it off..... until I looked down and had blood running down my leg. I thanked my neighbor, and I went inside and discovered that I had a rock embedded in my knee. Taking it out was....eeewwwww! Once I got it out I had gaping hole right below my knee cap that is a little larger than the dastardly rock. It is almost an inch straight across and a 1/2 inch deep. It totally needs stitches, but I am in no mood to sit in a drs office(or pay the bill for something so stupid).....I am no fan of needles either. Actually, I'm a total chicken about needles. Who needs stitches when you have butterfly bandaids anyway. =) Right? It seems like a perilous place for stitches anyhow...if I bent my knee it would tear them out. I flushed it really good and bandaged it. I have my knee wrapped to keep me from bending it.
Holy smokes, I am mad! Every time I get some momentum behind my running/training something stupid happens...we all get the flu, the stomach bug, etc. It is like the universe is trying to keep my butt on the couch. I could just scream!!!! Now I am going to go stir-crazy.
All of you are lucky that my digital camera is still missing...I would seriously post some pictures....it's ugly. I took some with the disposable camera I have.....if I get them developed soon I will post them. My sis really wants a look at it. LOL. Gross.
No comments:
Post a Comment