Saturday, September 13, 2008

What to Expect

A good friend of ours that lives close by our house took a drive over to take a look for us. He said we have a few limbs down, but nothing serious. There is no power in the area and we have been told to expect it to take a few weeks to get power restored.

Steven and I decided to take a trip home in the morning. His mom has a generator that we can borrow. We will need it if we will be out of power for more than a week....after that we will need it to run the well for water. At least we will be able to have a shower...that will make things bareable. We will leave the kids with Steven's mom to save them from the certain boredom that will exist at home. I need to get back and start cooking the food in the freezer before it all thaws out. At the very least I can get it in a cooler and send it up to Steven's mom's house. We have plenty of food and supplies to get by for some time. We aren't very worried.

Once we head home tomorrow I will not be able to update the blog. I will check back in when I have access to a computer again.

No comments: