Well, I have been out of the hospital for 5 days now. Every day I feel a little bit better. I'm still having some pain, but it is manageable now. I can lay flat on my back now.....something I couldn't do for 2 weeks because of the pain.
So far it seems like all of this happened because I must have had appendicitis back in January. At the time I had a strange pain near my right hip that went undiagnosed. I had been to the doctor who ruled out a bladder infection and an ovarian cyst. A couple of weeks after the pain started I got really really sick with what we thought was the flu.....now it is more likely that it was a really good infection which eventually settled in my liver. It has been brewing there since early February. I will see the doctor on Wednesday and we will talk about possibly having my appendix taken out.
What a good and rotten year this has been.....I mean it all could have been SO much worse. I really am amazed when I read about this stuff....it seems like I should have been so much sicker than I was. I know that I have managed to stay so healthy because I am so active and take good care of myself. Things like this sure help me to remember that I am not invincible....just a mere mortal. But for the grace of God go I.......
I am so very very grateful for my wonderful friends from church who have brought meals in to us for the last week. They have visited with us and checked on me and taken care of all of my needs. Yet again I am reminded of how blessed I am.
1 comment:
Just remember everyone is blessed to have you in their lives!
You are there for so many people during their trials that when the shoe is on the other foot they desire to be there for you.
You are a fantastic person!!!!
I heart you, yo!
Post a Comment