I'm up at 4am waiting for pain meds to kick in so I thought I would update.....
I managed to get discharged from the hospital late in the afternoon yesterday. They put in a picc line in my upper right arm and removed the drain in my back. Having that drain pulled was almost more excruciating than the biopsy....it's a toss up on which was worse. I wanted to pass out.
I am set up with IV antibiotics for 4 weeks. The doctor provides me with a week's worth of supplies at a time. We went to his office directly from the hospital. A very nice RN taught me how to do the treatments myself at home. She was very sweet. I have her pager number, and I am to call her if I have any problems whatsoever.
The picc line is nice because if they need blood or if I need meds it can all be done through that instead of more needle sticks. I'm a bit burned out on all of the needle sticks. I'm done being brave....now it's like being tortured. I have to administer the antibiotics every 8 hours. I did it last night at 10pm, and it was easy enough. It takes about 30-45 minutes to do.
I am well taken care of. My mom made dinner for us last night. The sweet ladies from church are set up to bring dinners in for a little while too. I'll take all the help I can get at this point. The kids are still with my wonderful mother-in-law. I'm sure they are having a blast. We will go and get them this weekend.
For the most part I am feeling better day by day. By the end of the week I think I will be in pretty good shape. You know, in 2001 I was very sick with gallbladder problems, and I was having constant gallbladder attacks. It took the doctors a long time to diagnose it. I didn't think that things got much worse than that. This experience has completely changed my idea of what a "10" on the pain scale is. I hope I never experience it again....ever.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you are home, boy I hope you get to feeling better, but take time to heal, don't try to jump right in now. Glad everyone is taking good care of you.
Post a Comment