Sunday, October 12, 2008

An Update

I'm still in the hospital. We are waiting for the cultures to come back to determine the right antibiotic to use. (I have been on broad spectrum stuff all this time) We are hoping to have the results tomorrow, and the doctor ordered a picc line to be inserted tomorrow as well. It is possible that I might get out of here tomorrow, but I'm not going to count on it. I'm not complaining though. I feel safe here. I know that they are doing a good job keeping up with my treatments. The nurses and doctors have been outstanding!

So far all of my blood cultures are coming back negative. My blood counts are normal. I had one liver function test that was a little outside of normal, but nothing that worried the doctor.

I'm feeling a whole lot better today. Every day I feel better and stronger. It will be nice to feel good and be at home.

Thanks again for allof your prayers, I know that it has helped.

No comments: