Friday, October 10, 2008

Holy Anxiety Batman!


It's almost 5:00am, and I can not sleep a wink. I am not looking forward to today. I feel like a little kid that is scared to go to the doctor because you know you are getting a shot.

I'm not a big fan of needles AT ALL. I can be pretty brave for an IV or a blood draw. They don't normally last very long. But when we are talking about sticking needles deep inside your body....well, that's like a scene out of a horror movie for me. Makes me break into a cold sweat. I won't even mention that the part of my body that they will be sticking the needles into feels like it has been kicked by a mule(on a good day when the drugs are working!)

Let's add all of that to the fact that before they do all of that they are going to stick me inside a little tube for a decent period of time to take pictures of my insides(MRI). The entire unplesantness of the biopsy just makes all of this other stuff SO much worse.

I know I will live and get through this. I know that there will be some sedation involved in all of this, so I'm sure that will help. I'm normally pretty darn tough, but needles turn me into a total two year old. I might just have a good panic attack today. Yikes!

1 comment:

pam said...

I'm so so sorry!!!! some day you will laugh about this (maybe?) Hope you get to feeling better soon, just please don't act like one of my children when they get shots please...You'll need the whole hospital to hold you down. Good luck.