Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Trials

Well, it is my turn for another trial. See Heavenly Father likes to give me physical trials to humble me. I take way too much pride in my health and physical abilities. He likes to teach me a few things....like how to let others serve me and that I am not invincible. It also keeps me grounded and helps me to see the important things in life.

I have had this weird pain in my right side since February or so....it came on soon after that horrible bout I had with the flu. It has always felt like a mild cramp left over from a side stitch...like you get when you run sometimes. I thought it might be a strained muscle or something, but I have not been able to figure out what I was doing to cause it. It would come and go but it was never bad.

Then last Friday happened. The pain came back...but worse this time....worse still on Saturday, and by Sunday night I was in the ER. They ran multiple blood tests and even an EKG, but it showed nothing. The doc decided that it would be worth it to do a CT scan to see if it showed anything. Sure enough I have some type of mass on my liver....possibly a complex cyst. It is causing me some mucho pain....like being sawed in half. I was discharged from the ER with some prescription pain meds and told to follow up with an internal medicine specialist.

Today I had my appointment with the doc. He ran even more bloodwork, and ordered an MRI and a biopsy to see what the heck it is. He gave me some better meds too to help control the pain. On Friday we will get a look at things and know better where this goes from here.

The good news is that so far all of my numerous blood tests have shown things to be 100% normal. The rest of the CT was completely normal...no enlarged lymph nodes or other masses. Hopefully this is no big deal....just a little lesson for me to learn.

I sure would appreciate any prayers or positive thoughts anyone wants to have on my behalf. I sure feel like I need it right now!

1 comment:

pam said...

You have my prayers, sorry to hear about this, hope it all gets figure out and all is well. SORRY!