Friday, November 21, 2008

A Quick Update

I had the CT yesterday. Lauren went with me to keep me company. She really is great company these days. I was grateful not to have to wait by myself. I had to drink some really nasty stuff and wait an hour and a half. They took me back for the CT and had to start an IV to inject the contrast stuff. The first IV went in ok. Then when it came time for the contrast solution to go in the tubing blew out....it squirted contrast all over me and the CT machine....not my lucky day at all. Then I had the pleasure of having a second IV put in. Fun stuff I tell you.

Anyway, the doctor called this afternoon with the results. The CT showed that the abscess is almost resolved, so he ordered up some oral antibiotics. I don't know how many weeks of that I'm in for....2 or 3 maybe?

I'm feeling good though and grateful to be able to take a shower without wrapping my arm in plastic....oh and jogging....happy to run again for sure!

I hope everyone has a spectacular Thanksgiving. I know I will....I have lots to be thankful for.

1 comment:

pam said...

Boy girl.... Have a great Thanksgiving.