Yesterday I had another appointment with the doctor. Rather conveniently I had started to have a reaction to the drug I was on a few doses before I went in. The doc decided to go ahead and stop the medication and remove the PICC line. The PICC removal didn't hurt a bit and it was over in a split second....not what I expected to happen when someone removes a tube that goes all the way up your arm and into your heart.
So with that over I am scheduled to have another CT scan done on Thursday morning. Hopefully it is clear. If it is clear then I get to go on with my life with a few occasional follow up appointments. If it is not clear they will be draining it again(my worst nightmare) and putting in another PICC and starting from square one. I still have a little soreness, so I'm concerned that it won't be clear....the doc thinks it will though, so I'm with him.
In the meantime I and going to go out and jog since I am free from the PICC. My running shoes miss me.
1 comment:
Boy girls, I feel for you. Good luck tomorrow, I hope you clear up too.
Post a Comment