Friday, November 7, 2008

School teacher browbeats student over being a McCain support

I found this piece completely disgusting. I can't believe that teachers like this are allowed to teach. I'll chalk this up as reason number 421 to continue to homeschool my kids. Even as a mother who homeschools I do my best not to brainwash my kids. I allow them their own point of view and discuss controversial things from both view points. I would be doing my children a disservice to do things any other way.

I would be just as disgusted if this teacher was degrading a student who supported Obama. Watch the video at the link....I hope you are equally appalled no matter which side of the fence you sit on.

http://www.belch.com/blog/2008/11/06/reason-142-to-homeschool-obama-teachers-wont-bully-kids-who-support-mccain/

2 comments:

pam said...

Pretty sad, I felt so sorry for that little girl, How dare her to make her student feel so horrible and to make her look bad in front of all the other students. Pretty Sad.

Anonymous said...

That's DISTURBING!!!!

I am ashamed that these adults that children look up to are brainwashing them to think they way they do.

No wonder why Obama won in her classroom. Children would have been to terrified to vote the other way.

Tragic.