Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PICC Dressing Change

Hayden took this video yesterday at the infusion office. I admit it is a bit "Blair Witch" style, but it was Hayden's first attempt at making a video. We gave her some pointers after she was done. She completely missed the part where the nurse changed the dressing on the picc. What you see in the video is the nurse taking blood from the line for lab work and changing the extension in the line. The part you miss is where she removes the dressing and wipes everything down with alcohol and puts on a fresh dressing.

It looks like I will have 2 more weeks of antibiotics. When I go in next week they will order a CT scan and then I stay on the antibiotics until we get the results.

The great news is that I feel SOOOO good. I feel like a human again. I have so much energy. I don't even need as much sleep as I was getting before all of this stuff happened. The difference is amazing.

No comments: