Darn. It has been a while since I have posted any kind of an update. I guess the blog needs a little of a kick start!
I guess I will give a little update on everyone.
Christina: I'm doing well as usual. Being pregnant in your 30's is not as much fun as in your 20's. I seem to have less energy this time around. I'm still getting around quite well. I'm just not making the major accomplishments and nesting like I'm used to. I have big plans to refinish the walls in the kids bedrooms and repaint them during spring break week but I'm dreading it. I'm hoping for lots of help out of the kids, and they are excited to get everything redecorated.
I have really been enjoying Reagan's company. She is mommy's little princess, and I admit that she is completely spoiled. As excited as I am about the new baby, it makes me a little sad that Reagan won't be the center of my attention anymore. We will pull through it though because I know we have before. Steven has a business trip he needs to make to Miami in mid April. I think that things just might work out for me to go along with him! The two of us have not spent a week alone in about 12 years, so I'm really excited about it.
Steven: That guy is working like a dog. He had a slow down at work that ended up being much shorter than we anticipated. We were amazingly blessed by quite a few friends that heard Steven had a little time off and wanted him to do some electrical work for them. Worked picked back up after only 3 weeks, and now he still has quite a few people that want things done and no time to do it. His company has several more jobs lined up, so as far as I can tell he won't have another slow down any time soon.
Our old van broke down, and we ended up buying a new one that was a clone of the old one....just a whole lot newer. Within a week Steven determined that the head gaskets were blown on the old van. It took him 2 months of working on it here and there, but he tore down almost the entire engine and replaced the gaskets and put everything back together. It's running great, and we are getting it cleaned up and ready to sell. Hopefully it will put a couple thousand dollars in our pockets!
Lauren: Lauren turned 12!! Boy are we feeling it. She is teetering on the edge of young womanhood. Sometimes she acts like she is 4 and others like she is 18. I just wish she would make up her mind because I'm getting whiplash! She is amazing though, and it is a joy to watch her start to make her own decisions and watch her character develop. She goes into junior high next year! She has really blossomed in art class at school. Her artwork was runner up for best in show out of the entire 6th grade in the district for the big livestock show and rodeo. Her piece has been on display in the library forever. If we ever get it back I will be sure to post a picture. Lauren is also working on a UIL music competition. Her team will compete after spring break.
Corben: Corben is a great kid!! He is in his last year of cub scouts. He is a blessing to all of us. If he gets any sweeter he is going to sprout angel wings. I can always count on him to help out if something needs to be done. He has been a great student at school. I'm really proud of all he has accomplished. He is a great example to his brothers and sisters. He has been participating in an after school robotics club that he really enjoys. He is good with his hands just like his dad.
Hayden: Hayden is just Hayden. She is one of a kind.....thank goodness!! I love her, and she is a joy, but I don't think I could handle 2 of her with out killing one of them. We can always count on Hayden for some comedy relief. She is doing A-M-A-Z-I-N-G in school! I had some concerns at the beginning of the school year because she was a little bit behind, but she quickly made it up and now she is an A student! She has loads of friends. They are calling the house several times a week so they can chat and trying to work out get-togethers. She sure keeps things interesting!
Logen: Logen has turned into a reading machine. He has advanced very quickly. He is an all A student! We are really proud of him. He is the sweetest thing. Sometimes the older kids get caught up in what they want to do, and I will watch Logen pull Reagan aside and get down and just play with her. He really gets a kick out of being her buddy and making her laugh. It is the sweetest thing to watch. Sometimes he will ask if he can take her outside to swing her on the swing and he will push her as long as she can stand it. He is an awesome big brother!
Reagan: Reagan is excited and waiting for her baby brother to make his appearance. She is well aware of everything that is going on. She talks very clearly and has quite a vocabulary to get her point across. She asks me how big the baby is now and will hold out her hands to estimate the size of the baby. She likes to put her toys up on my belly and watch the baby kick at them. I can't wait to see her hold him!
Reagan is a total girly-girl too. She has become addicted to dresses and "pretty shoes". She had one little cotton dress that she wanted to wear all day and even sleep in it at night. She would throw a fit when I tried to take it off of her to wash it. Since then I have been scouting the stores for more dresses, and I think she has about 8 now that she changes in and out of throughout the day. Her shoe fetish goes right along with it and she spends the day changing into all sorts of shoes. I have heard that in the nursery at church she takes her shoes off and tries on all of the other little girls shoes. She just cracks me up!
Soon to be Mr. Hudson: He is doing just fine in there!! We can't wait to meet him. He is a good little boy who has himself positioned quite well and seems content to stay there. We have tons of cute little clothes all ready and waiting for him. I just can't wait to hold him!
No comments:
Post a Comment