Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Giddy With Anticipation

This morning is our ultrasound! I'm up bright and early because I just can't sleep. I woke up last night and found that the little one was having a total dance party in there and then I realized that I had just been dreaming about the little one kicking around. :o)

It always amazes me that things like that never get old. It doesn't matter that this is the sixth baby. It is still just as joyful to feel the first kicks, hiccups, and listen to the heartbeat for the first time.....pick out that special name, finding out if it's a boy or girl etc. This baby is just as celebrated and long waited for as the first one. Maybe even more celebrated actually because this baby has 5 brothers and sisters that are just as excited as mom and dad are!

Today Steven and I will be going to the ultrasound alone to find out our little secret together...alone. At this point I will be excited either way, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that it would be perfect for this baby to be a boy. Right now we have three girls and two boys and they have come in the girl, boy, girl, boy, girl order.

We will save the big reveal for the kids and the rest of the family for our annual Christmas Eve party. A wonderful friend will be making cupcakes that have with pink or blue filling to help us share our surprise. Of course I will get some pictures of that! I can't wait to update!

No comments: